Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting ready for T2


We're 32 weeks along now and I've been put on bed rest due to having lots of contractions (an "irritable uterus") and a positive test that means something about a possibililty of going into real labor soon. Hopefully that won't happen. So, here I lay on my side until 36 weeks. We had another ultrasound today to check on the baby's size, since my measurements seemed a bit small, but everything looked fine. His head is just riding really low (like on my bladder), so I guess it's hard for my doctor to measure my uterus with the tape measure. The estimate is that he's 4 lbs 6 oz now with all measurements being average for this stage. Although some people are calling him T2, he won't actually have a T name, since I think that will be way too confusing. Name to be disclosed after he is born.

So what is Terran or T doing during this time while Mommy is stuck in bed? By the extreme graciousness of Uncle Leonhard and Aunt Denise, he is staying with them in Phoenix for this week. So, he's getting to see the family and having his first big boy trip, which it sounds like he's enjoying greatly. My mom is coming out on Sunday to help out for almost two weeks, which will be wonderful and of course Michael has had to take some time off work. We also have wonderful friends who are helping out in whatever way they can. So, I miss my little boy lots, but he'll be home soon and then we can "do legos" on the bed once again.

Oh, if you need a description of the ultrasound pics, they are images of the front of his face, with one little cheek that you can see sticking out on the side and the black circle is the eye. I think the thing in the left corner might be his hand. We'll post some belly shots soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment