Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Santa





We went to see Santa over the weekend. Terran was excited but a little shy and Zane wouldn't have anything to do with that strange man with a bright red face and big beard, so I had to sit in the picture too. We're finding it difficult to carry on the Santa story with all of T's questions about details and I feel bad about lying to him. I know I loved the whole thing when I was little too, but it is a bit awkward.


5 comments:

  1. You are not lying if you explain Santa as being on the level of his other "imaginary friends". Explain Santa as the myth of "belief", an image that children use to share their Christmas wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is like Morgan the Spider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C is 7 and still believes in Santa. We decided this year that we'd give him every opportunity to explore how implausible the Santa story is. We've talked with him about how unrealistic the worldwide toy delivery, chimney entrance, etc sound. We've done everything short of stating that Santa isn't real. C even reported that one of his school friends says his parents bring the presents. But Carson is unmoved. He believes. It's so interesting that he takes it on as his own deal even after M and I stop reinforcing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I remember finding out that Santa was not real but not wanting to believe it.

    ReplyDelete