Monday, February 27, 2012

Construction, art show and elephants


 Z and his elephants. He was talking about his little elephant, "Ellie" the other day. That's the small grey one in this picture (Terran's baby gift from Jenn and Todd that T re-gifted to Z). He said it was called Ellie and the one that I knit (the blue one here) is "called not Ellie." So I asked if it had a name; the response, "just elephant." Clearly it's not a favorite. He's been very confused about the construction and keeps asking what we are doing with our old house, where he'll sleep, etc. The other day he thought a truck was coming to deliver the new house on it. We keep telling him that we are only adding a room. I think it's sinking in now that the slab is poured and he can see what we're doing.
 Terran had his first art show at school. They had an art show/talent show and he wanted to do an art piece. Glad he didn't do the talent show part since he's not an expert musician or anything. Some of the pieces we saw were simply painful to watch. Anyway, he made this aircraft carrier, which is hard to see in the pictures but the airplanes and helicopters are hanging from threads so they can take off and land and the control tower is 3D, taped to the paper towel roll. He drew that in detail and cut it out. Looking at these, I realize I should take an up close picture of it. He had a book from his library about aircraft carriers (big snore for me) at the time and decided that's what he was doing. He was busy for about 2 hours and just completed it all with great focus. Wish we could tap into that amazing focus on a regular basis!



 Updated construction pics from today - I'm really on top of things right now! Framing will start soon now that the slab is done and the old siding removed.


 Jessie observes the part of the yard that she is currently restricted from. And is glad to be able to stick her head out of the railing once again since the child-proofing mesh is finally removed.



No comments:

Post a Comment