Almost literally in our backyard. There is a mom and 3 cubs sleeping (well, Mom is not, she's keeping a close eye) in a big cottonwood tree in the park right behind our house right now. It's about 200 feet away from our yard (to the side of the pond a little ways). Division of Wildlife is monitoring and hoping they will stay until night since there are so many people around. But fortunately they are being left alone (for now at least). The babies are so cute, one is sleeping with its tongue sticking out. Jessie may have known all night long. She was out late last night for a bit before bed and I asked Michael to bring her in because I thought she was making her sound she only makes for coyotes (or bears I guess). And we were wondering why a helicopter was circling over early this morning.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Bears!
Almost literally in our backyard. There is a mom and 3 cubs sleeping (well, Mom is not, she's keeping a close eye) in a big cottonwood tree in the park right behind our house right now. It's about 200 feet away from our yard (to the side of the pond a little ways). Division of Wildlife is monitoring and hoping they will stay until night since there are so many people around. But fortunately they are being left alone (for now at least). The babies are so cute, one is sleeping with its tongue sticking out. Jessie may have known all night long. She was out late last night for a bit before bed and I asked Michael to bring her in because I thought she was making her sound she only makes for coyotes (or bears I guess). And we were wondering why a helicopter was circling over early this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, bears really do climb trees!
ReplyDeleteOMG! amazing, adorable, and don't mess with momma bear! Wow!
ReplyDeleteDebby
super exciting! we just get a homeless dude that keeps going back to our neighbor's rooftop (with a clear view of our kitchen).
ReplyDeletewell, I think I would take the bears over that!
ReplyDeleteAmazing that they can sleep in trees. I guess I never really thought/believed that they actually did that. How do they not fall out? So adorable!
ReplyDelete