Tuesday, March 29, 2011
The Terrible Two's are Upon Us Again
Zane is now 2 with a vengeance. It seemed to start right after he turned 2, when his usually agreeable "otay" was replaced with "no!" when we asked him to do things. Well, now it is "No, I don't!" to everything. "Zane, do you want milk?" "No, I don't!" "Zane, do you want to fly to the moon?" "No, I don't!" Out in public, he is still shy and usually more agreeable, unless Terran is around and then he is not so shy. But at home, it's a whole other story. And now that he is several months past 2, it's getting worse. Nana got to witness the massive tantrums first hand. Terran was never an easy child, but we didn't get these huge screaming tantrums on a daily, or sometimes hourly, basis. Actually, the last few days were tantrum free, which I remarked about last night knowing that I was probably bringing it on myself for today and I did. We knew when he had cute little baby tantrums at 1, that we might be in for it later on, and we were right. I'm just worried about the 3's since that seemed the hardest age with Terran. Here is the tail end of the "chip tantrum" he had the other night when he was overtired and hungry. He thought he should have a bunch of chips with dinner and we did not agree. Ahhh, kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is oh-so-familiar! i can't wait to get the two opinionated, temper-tantrum two-year-olds together. that should be, uh, fun...
ReplyDelete